ETH Zurichoverall acceptance rates, statistics and application numbers for academic years 2013-2020
taught — external applicants*
ETH undergraduate admissions are not competitive. Some international students may be required to pass an entrance exam. Undergraduate courses are generally taught in German, hence a proof of language proficiency is required.
Individual Programs Currently, we only have detailed admission statistics for the 2 programmes listed below.
- 2,706 new undergraduate faces. ETH Life. September 2013.
- More female students than ever before. ETH News. September 2010.
- Engineering increasingly popular. ETH News. September 2014.
- Rising numbers of students. ETH News. September 2014.
- Boom in number of students and women at ETH. ETH News. September 2018.
- Record start and new study programmes. ETH News. September 2017.
- ETH Press Release. ETH Zurich. September 2016.
The acceptance rate, or offer rate, represents the fraction of applicants who received an offer. Note that unlike some other sources, we do not distinguish between the offer rate and acceptance rate.
The acceptances generally indicate the number of offer holders who accepted the offer and fulfilled its conditions. For some universities, however, it denotes the number of applicants who accepted the offer, regardless of whether they subsequently met its conditions.
Unless otherwise noted, the data presented comes from the universities and is therefore reliable. However, some of the differences between years and/or courses may be due to different counting methodologies or data gathering errors. This may especially be the case if there is a sharp difference from year to year. If the data does not look right, click the "Report a problem" button located near the top of the page.